Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ed Wood: what I want to be one day (other than the crossdressing, heh heh... oh who am I fooling?!)

What a crazy movie! Very much fun. Full of treats. It took me a while to become comfortable with the 50's-esque cornball delivery of just about all the dialogue. And, in fact, Sarah Jessica Parker never felt right. But perhaps that was a choice, since she's wrong for Ed, and she's wrong for the life that surrounds him. Or maybe Parker just sucks. In any case, I really did feel like I was in this little family of weirdos, and I love the idea that if a group of people feel right making work, and that work isn't hurting anyone, then it doesn't matter how that work is judged. It's the making, not the appreciating that is what these people loved.

Hey, is just occured to me that "meter" is latin for "measure", which means the unit of measurment, a meter, is totally dumb. "Oh that room is four measures wide." What? I weigh 100 units. What the fuck is a unit? Who cares, I weigh it. Asshole British.

0 Expoundatures:

Expound

<< Home