Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Good Night and Good Luck: What the fuck is a "Hay be us Corp us"?!

Really interesting film. I found myself looking for overdone 50's recreation stuff, and there was a bit, but it as the film went on, enough was happening that it became unnoticable.

David Strathbairn is amazing, not just as Murrow, but when I consider he was also the blind guy in Sneakers, it blows me away. He commands respect and in this film, and we never doubt for a second that he's strong, wise and right.

I guess that's my one problem: we ALL know McCarthy was crazy, so the film is a little two-dimensional. Or, perhaps, that was all well and good to Clooney (who directed), and so we witness a small story, content with tleling how all this happened. NOt so much a debatable insight, as a good telling of a hidden tale. Hidden behind the walls of the CBS studios. I certianly expected more dramatic scoring to scenes of New York city. Like a Tom Clancy film. This was much more sensible than that.

And after The Squid and the Whale, I'm just as impressed with Jeff Daniels.

0 Expoundatures:

Expound

<< Home