Saturday, July 14, 2007

Simpsons Movie: I've LITERALLY got Yellow Fever!!!

I owe a large part of my soul to The Simpsons, so I've been ever protective of it. Of what I consider the show to be, at it's heart. Defining it by Golden and Silver eras, I all but dismissed anything past season 9.

But the show is an ever-changing organism, like anything, and even if the final episode should have been the "Behind The Laughter" one, it wasn't. And so I think it's best to accept the current Simpsons as a different, newer entity than the one that I grew up on. Its still The Simpsons, just not, ya know, Simpsons Proper.

I have a feeling that this thing really will last a thousand years (or so), as Matt Groening predicted in Futurama. This new movie is not the beginning of the end, the way the X-Files film was. It is the first pillar in the great entertainment empire. Something about the wide-screen aspect ratio. The much bigger color pallette. Hans Zimmer scoring it. No matter what happens, it will be a grand show.

In any case, whether they make another season and finally let it rest, or The Simpsons will go on to shape the history of mankind, I'm really excited to see the movie. Maybe giddy. Definitely scared.

0 Expoundatures:

Expound

<< Home