Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Snatch: Oh *I* get it! It's like a vagina! HOT!

Style requires substance and plot twists dont count as substance--Snatch is a framework with nothing but plot and style. No heart. Besides, Guy Ritchie already made a film in this style, so it's been done before! Why rehash the thing? What do we see that's new? I suppose you could say the same for a lot of what Woody Allen has done, but at least Woody experiments. Guy just uses the same theme over and over, with slightly different specifics (when, where, who).

The funny thing is, when the film first came out, I really dug it--I liked all the tricks and the crazy-quick pace storytelling. I think Snatch just doesn't have any shelf life. For a film like this, seven years is a long time.

Brad Pitt was a lot of fun, though--not being able to understand him is a good bit. And who could hate on Benicio Del Toro? If you did, he'd flip you. He'd flip you for real.

0 Expoundatures:

Expound

<< Home