Monday, March 07, 2005

Saw a random U-dub band -- they were rad!

Was quite hammered and learned that a friend of a friend's band was playing and they were radicool! Called something like "Fistfull of Rainbows" or "Headfull of Lovin'", they had a fiddler, and holy shit he rocked out. This guy made me want to take up violin hard-core. He had style and skill, he had presence. And he seemed like a regular guy. Off-putting in it's lack of pretention.

The guitarist new how to play hella guitar, he was the man, I was very impressed. The drummr (my pseudo-in) had all kinds of fills and kept everything he did interesting. What a guy. The basist did not let down, he could do it right. And the bongo-player was good. Shit WHat a good group! They were tight, and had strange song tructure that made me excited to be in a post-modern realm of music. Hoorah!

My buddy, who resent Dave Mathews Band, enjoyed Handful of Lovin', so I feel safe in saying they are the rad.

0 Expoundatures:

Expound

<< Home