Saturday, October 01, 2005

I'm dressed as a Ghostbuster right now, and though I have glasses, something doesn't feel very Egon about me. After reflecting on my own lacadaisical spirit, and desire to "crack wise about yo mamas", I'm gonna go with Peter. Complete with Murray's forlorn face. The costume also includes a proton pack that I had to inflate, nearly costing my most of my brain cells. Believe me, a man in a tan jumpsuit, with a bright red face is not fun to look at.

I'm also taken back to the early days of my Ghostbusters obsession, when I owned ALL of the merchendise. I wish I had that trap now, that thing actually opened when you stepped on the foot pedal! My mom made me a blue jumpsuit, complete with a Ghostbusters insignia on my arm. It... was... sweet. If I can find the picture of 8 year old Max with the jumpsuit on, I'll put it up. As I recall, my desire to also wear "ghost-detecting equipment" resulted in there being a collander on my head. Kids are awesome. How is it that they can be so shy when it comes to interacting with other people, and yet so completely certain when it comes to the weird things they do and say. It's only when they are comfortable, which apparently isn't around people they actually have to interact with. But, having no context for any public behavior, they don't know that it's... awkward, let's say, to announce in their loudest voice that "THAT LADY IS REALLY FAT!". Or, to ignore any people nearby them all together, and, say, wear collanders on their heads.

1 Expoundatures:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's cause I'm Egon, and Candice want's to be Ray.

-D-Man

 

Expound

<< Home